The Matriots PAC is bidding farewell to two senior leaders this month. With our gratitude, we turned over the top of this Hive and asked these two women to review the past 26 months in which they worked together alongside Brigin Anthony to advance us to 1,800+ members in 48 counties across Ohio!
We have had an incredible two years. With a focus on our MISSION, we have delivered on positive change for the organization. Here’s what we’re proudest of:
- BUILDING THE MATRIOTS PAC MEMBERSHIP ACROSS OHIO. We recognized the need and launched the Regional Hive model at the beginning of 2020. It was obvious to both of us that in order to have women elected to 50% of positions at all levels of government we had to have women all over the state! Now we have local Hives in Toledo, Athens, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Dayton, Akron and Fairfield County working to make connections and drive change. Join your local Hive!
- MAKING THE MATRIOTS PAC ENDORSEMENT TRULY REGIONAL. “All politics is local,” and we created a regional endorsement model that leverages the knowledge of local members to screen and advise on local candidates. This roadmap is proving successful, resulting in 2021’s historic number of applications.
- ENERGIZING OUR SOCIAL MEDIA. With Brigin Anthony in the lead, we were able to completely overhaul the way The Matriots PAC communicates over social media. Our work here is now vibrant, intentional and engaging. We are storytelling, and it is working, as we have more follows, likes and shares than ever. Thank you for following us and being part of the conversation!
- CREATING A NEW WEBSITE. Our new website allows us to be nimble, to better communicate with our members, to showcase our candidates, and to create a space for local Hives to grow and communicate. And soon – Matriots merch!
- BUILDING COMMUNITY DURING COVID. COVID-19 provided a challenge, and we met that challenge with a pivot toward new partnerships, virtual gatherings, and deeply engaging discussions. As a result, more than 3,500 people across the state – and the nation – engaged us on Zoom in 2020 alone.
We will continue to be involved, as this mission is close to our hearts. You should look forward to meeting new Matriots leadership next month and beyond as the organization grows. Thank you, Matriots members, candidates and partners, for allowing us to be members of your Hive. This has been an amazing mission to get out of bed for every morning.
-Kim & Shiloh