June 4, 2019
We are looking to expand our team!
Want to join a team committed to electing more women to public office in Ohio?
We are looking to add to our dynamic team. If you’re interested in helping us expand our statewide footprint and endorse women running for office, we’d like to meet you!
We are seeks a reliable and detail oriented Administrative Coordinator to help assist with endorsement, membership and event programs.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, with a strong attention to detail, and be comfortable adapting to changing needs and priorities. She or he will be dependable, with the ability to remain calm under pressure and tight deadlines. The principal areas of responsibility include: providing administrative, endorsement and event support and serving as the project manager on all mass communication, digital and print.
- Serve as committee liaison by providing meeting support, scheduling, minute taking, agenda, and documentation.
- Maintain an open and service-oriented relationship with committee chairs.
- Provide meeting management support by coordinating meeting logistics for internal and external meetings, ensure all resources are prepared for meetings (room, AV, presenters, agenda, materials, etc.)
- Manage volunteer involvement and communication.
- Complete other administrative tasks as needed.
Marketing & Communications
- Assist with email marketing, including content creation, contact list management, and distribution scheduling.
- Support marketing team with writing, graphics, and implementation of external communication.
- Maintain wordpress website content.
- Project manage and collect content for the monthly e-newsletter, the Hive.
- Develop and maintain all social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. Schedule posts in coordination with the Marketing Committee and executive director.
- Develop and maintain event information, including print and digital assets such as event invitations, website event calendar, social media events.
- Communicate with marketing team to create effective advertisements for each event. Organize all marketing activations for grassroots event promotion and coordinate invites and RSVPs as needed.
- Manage and overseeing events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, collecting contact information, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organizing vendors, and managing take-down.
- Provide additional candidate and political research to compliment endorsement and research committees.
- Answer procedural questions from candidates and campaigns.
- Ensure strict and complete compliance with election law and guidelines.
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts Degree is preferred.
- 1-year experience required.
- Political campaign experience, either working on a campaign and/or working in a political organization, is helpful.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to produce written reports, talking points, and briefings on deadline.
- Demonstrated ability to use spreadsheet and constituent relationship software.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in politically sensitive and high-pressure environments.
- Ability to work independently within the context of a plan.
- Effective time management skills, including prioritizing and managing multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated experience in developing personal work plans and goals.
- Ability to work irregular hours and travel as required.
Competitive full-time hourly pay rate, based on experience.
Working for The Matriots offers the unique opportunity to work in a fast-paced start-up organization with big aspirations. We offer a vibrant workplace with opportunities for growth. If you, too, passionately believe in the importance of women’s leadership for our state, this is your chance to join our team!
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and a resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, June 20, 2019.