April 19, 2019
The Matriots is looking to expand our team!
Want to join a team committed to electing more women to public office in Ohio?
We are looking to add to our dynamic team. If you’re interested in helping us grow our membership, and enjoy electing more women to public office in Ohio, we’d like to meet you!
We are looking for a reliable and detail oriented Development/Finance Director. Our membership is growing quickly, with more than 800 members statewide. The Development/Finance Director will play a key role in our efforts to continue our growth.
- Appropriately persistent
- Results oriented
- Emotionally intelligent
- Able to connect the dots
The development director has four principal areas of responsibility, all of which result in income for The Matriots PAC, including but not limited to:
Planning: Develop a well-informed plan for meeting budget goals, with careful quantitative and qualitative benchmarks.
Prospecting and fundraising: Identify prospective members through your own networks and those of others, including prospecting strategies and tactics learned through campaign experience; manage and support solicitations of new members, by calling on existing assets and relationships with the board, staff, and volunteers.
Relationship building: Establish and implement programs for cultivation and stellar stewardship resulting in loyal and growing support of the PAC.
CRM maintenance: Manage all membership data and internal reporting; analyze data for opportunities and planning purposes. Build and leverage CRM for communications and relationship management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage membership and fundraising efforts, including processing contributions, tracking pledges, communicating with contributors, mailing acknowledgments, managing member benefits, and providing timely financial reporting to the accountant and the executive director.
- Ensure strict and complete compliance with election law and guidelines.
- Coordinate CRM input and output, insuring accuracy for all existing and future databases.
- Create and execute member-moves management plans in coordination with fundraising solicitors.
- Build relationships and solicit contributions in person and via telephone and email.
- Manage key projects, events, and materials related to membership and fundraising.
- Manage meeting scheduling, document organization, and maintenance of records for the Membership Committee.
- Maintain an open and service-oriented relationship with board members and committee chairs.
Bachelor’s degree. Experience in client or member services, including identifying, stewarding and renewing contributors at the major-gifts level, either in nonprofit and/or political environments. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills (particularly fundraising copy); 7+ years of professional fundraising experience; high analytical and critical-thinking skills; self-starter; ability to exercise independent judgment and work efficiently with minimal supervision; highly organized; detail-oriented; proficient in MS Office and CRM programs. Comfortable in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
Competitive salary based on experience.
Working for The Matriots offers the unique opportunity to work in fast-paced start up organization with big aspirations. We offer a vibrant work place with opportunities for growth. If you, too, passionately believe in the importance of women’s leadership for our state, this is your chance to join our team!
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and a resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday May 1, 2019.